Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goals

I am in the phase now where there is nothing I can do to help my upcoming race except eat and sleep sensibly and try not to hurt myself. There's not much left to do but blog. So, as promised yesterday, here are my goals for the Marathon:

If peak temperature is expected to be < 72 degrees:
A: 2:59
B: 3:04:30
C: sub 3:20, and no walking

if peak temperature is expected to be > 75 degrees:
A: 3:05
B: 3:15, and no walking.
C: no walking.

Right now it's not looking good for an attempt to break 3 hours. I know I'm not the strongest hot-weather runner, and there certainly hasn't been an opportunity to work on that with this cool, rainy spring. I am praying to the weather spirits for a cool, misty morning, but if it's sunny and warm, then I'm going to be very prepared to adjust my pace expectations (if temps are expected to peak over 85 degrees, I'm planning on ratcheting down my starting pace even more).

1 comment: