Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spectating the JJR


Immediately following the Blue Hills Foxtrot, I jumped in my car and made my way over to Dedham to spectate the James Joyce Ramble. This is a fairly big 10k that puts up enough purse to bring out some serious runners. I didn't see any Kenyans this year, but the BAA guys showed up in force.

No fancy race commentary from me. I'll just post the pictures I took. Most are rubbish, and I missed half the club. Don't ever hire me to be an event photographer.


nice shoes, twinkle toes

too much energy for mile 5

I wonder if he caught that guy in the hat...?

I noticed the guy behind Maureen, because he's wearing a MV 20M shirt from 2010, which I know Maureen also ran. A rematch, apparently? I looked up his name in the JJR results, but when I cross-referenced the MV20 results, he did not appear, so I'm guessing he either borrowed the shirt, or the number. Incidentally, if it was a rematch, Mo would have smoked him--she finished in 212th place; he faded to 827th.

one more shot of Mo.

My only approach shot of Mel was totally obliterated by some other guy. Oh well.

Mike turns the corner.

I almost totally missed Dave. (I was looking for the mask, sorry!)

ditto Michelle.

this guy is not actually in our club. Looks like you could bronze him and put him on the top of a cross country trophy, doesn't he?



2 comments:

  1. Twinkle toes? More like awesome toes!

    Nice pics! But no, I did not catch him. I did knock 1:21 off my best time though!

    Good to see you out there, great job at the Bunny..er, Foxtrot today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave!! Great pics!! I also ran my fastest time on THAT course by 23 seconds.

    And Congrats on the Foxtrot!!

    ReplyDelete