Thursday, January 14, 2010

Derry sold out? Damn!

That's what I get for waiting. For some reason when I looked at the site I fooled myself into thinking there was race-day registration, which usually implies a race that doesn't sell out. (for the non-local readers, this is apropos of the 16 mile road race in Derry, 10 days hence). I'm bummed about that--was absolutely planning on racing it--well, at least running it. I don't know if 7 minute miles (aka Marathon GP) would have felt like racing. I checked around for other similar-length races in the same time frame, but the New England racing calendar is actually a bit bare at this time of year (can't imagine why).

If anyone out there knows of a good 10-16 mile race in the next three weeks (and within a 100 miles or so of Boston, natch), post in comments. Otherwise I'll have to content myself with a long tempo run on my lonesome.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! That is terrible! Could you come up and bandit it?
    Stu's is the next big one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have scoured the racing scene for the same reason to no avail. Settled on a 5 miler in Brockton Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete