Tuesday, February 23, 2010

blast from the past

Last year, just around the time I started running with the GNRC, I ran a small trail 3M and was lucky enough to win it. The race only had 60 people or so, but as runputt will vouch, a win's a win, right? Anyway, I kept circling back to the CRR website, hoping to find they posted some pictures showing how awesome I was, but gave it up after a few months. Now as I look at the 2010 races, I see pictures from 2009 appeared at last!

I think being the "Bunny Hop" winner pretty much says it all.

I thought hard about whether I wanted to come back and run the trail 10 miler (well, it's anywhere between 9.7 and 10.2 miles, depending on what tweaks they decide to do to the course this year), or to run James Joyce the same day. At last I decided I couldn't give up a race in the Blue Hills; rocks, roots, choppy hills, muddy puddles, and at least one stream to jump over; in other words exactly my kind of race. I'll swing by JJR afterwards so I can cheer on the rest of you! (but no double-header this time).

3 comments:

  1. But won't that set you back in Grand Prix land???? jk.
    Love the pic! And yes, I love that you won the Bunny Hop. That's a good one to have under your belt!!!! You can always say, Yes, but I won the Bunny Hop...
    Really-- I agree with Jeff. A win is a win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..! I thought about that, but then I figured, "if points weren't at stake here, which race would I run?" and that made it easy. I love the prix but I'm not in it to win it, as the kids say these days. Glad to hear the coaching weekend went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with all, a win is a win! But "The Bunny Hop"?! Too funny. I am taking a laissez-faire attitude towards the Grand Prix as well so it looks like the field is wide open.

    Good luck this weekend! Enjoy the race and run well!!

    ReplyDelete