Tuesday, October 6, 2026

10/6 2 x 3km repeats

Out the door by 6am. It was full dark when I left the house, Orion bright in the southern sky and a planet (Jupiter?) shining a brilliant accompaniment to the sickle moon. By the time I made it to the bikeway, the predawn light had begun to illuminate the adjoining field. I did 4 striders on the grass to stretch out my legs. 

The goal for today was to demonstrate some more pace control and even split the intervals as much as possible. I'd award myself a partial success. I started too fast again, but I kept the first interval consistently at threshold, "short words and phrases" pace. The second interval I went out too slow and then picked it up for the 2nd and 3rd km. I felt pretty consistently strong throughout, although for the 3rd km of the last interval I was just running hard, no longer threshold. 

Split intervals as before. Goal pace 4:00/km. 

(3km)  3:52  / 4:05 / 4:03   = 11:59

3 min jog recovery

(3km)  4:04 / 3:55 / 3:57   = 11:56

 

No comments:

Post a Comment