Tuesday, September 29, 2026

9/29 -- 3 x 2km split intervals

 Repeat of last week, this time trying to back off and actually run threshold pace. I don't have any good way of gauging pace mid-interval, so each 1km stretch is done by feel. I did think I backed it off successfully, and tested myself by saying some short phrases between breaths. I also didn't quite nail the pacing goals, which were 3:56-4:00 / km. 

 The bike trail was damp, with many sticks and leaves down. Footing wasn't terrible (except for the turnaround, where I almost wiped out on a mudslick in the first interval). All the same I would estimate conditions were ~2s /km slower than last week. 

 7.75mi total. Did 4 grass striders to loosen up beforehand. 

Interval 1: 3:54 / 4:04  (7:58)

Interval 2: 4:02 / 4:06  (8:08 ouch)

Interval 3: 3:59 / 3:59  (7:58)

Jog rest ~110s. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment